Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ready, Set, Seattle!!!

Simple Health Tip: Setting goals

Ah what a vacation. Two weeks in Colorado

 ...

followed by a week on the beach in California.




All  the time restinghas given me time to set goals and press the reset button for not only a new year but a new quarter at Bastyr. All my goals are long term but have weekly and monthly "stepping stone goals" that help me to keep my focus and vision in tact.

Altogether I have found that writing down goals and keeping record of intentions is key to following through.

Take some time today to write down a year end goal and 2 or 3 weekly/monthly goals that will help guide you along the way. Here's one of mine:

Year end goal: stay well within budget for food expenses while maintaining high standards and enjoying healthful food at every meal

Monthly goal: track grocery bill carefully with chart printed out


Weekly goal: strive to cook 2 main dishes that are based on local produce and will sustain me for the entire week

Now that I have concrete steps to take to accomplish my goal, I can more easily trust that I will be successful. When making goals or forming new habits just remember that it does take 21 days to fully learn a new habit so be forgiving of yourself if you don't adhere immediately. And whatever the case don't give up!

Happy New Year!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment