Sunday, February 19, 2012

Baby Bok Choy... Oh too cute!

This week I decided to try out making a soup with Baby Bok choy. Not only is it in season, it couldn't be more cute right?


Yes. I did wrap one in a blanket...



 I bought 4 little babies and whipped together this soup in 20 minutes. I'm so impressed by how sweet it is. The tender leaves are filled with Vitamin A, C, beta-carotene and fiber. But most importantly it is part of the cabbage family which is highly protective against cancer. Even though it is just a baby, its a powerhouse of nutrition...

Here are the ingredients I used for my soup:

1 onion
2 scallions
1 T oil (coconut is my favorite)
4 baby bok choy
1 rutabaga
2 T white miso
Soy sauce or Bragg's liquid aminos



1. Saute scallions and onion in oil.

2. Add 4-5 cups of water and bring to a boil

3. Add chopped rutabaga. Simmer for 5 min or until rutabaga is soft

4. Add chopped white portion of baby bok choy. Simmer for 2 more min.

5. Add miso and soy sauce to taste. Simmer until well combined.

6. Add chopped green stems of bok choy.

7. Optional: blend the soup for a creamy soup. ( Blended half of it and added it back in for a creamy miso)

No comments:

Post a Comment