Thursday, June 9, 2011

Big B's and some Fresh Mountain Air




I just returned from an overnight visit to Big B's cider mill in Paonia CO. I'll be working for Big B's as a rep in Denver and I honestly can't be more excited. Meeting the owner Jeff Schwartz and his family was so inspiring as he truly does embody an incredible passion for organic farming and eating locally. Although I'm not a huge fan of long car trips I didn't know what a treat I was in for until about 45 minutes outside of Denver when I spotted this....

It only got better as the drive continued and 4 hours later I arrived at Jeff's market and Cafe which was simply adorable.







What a fun place for people to stop and have lunch, taste wine, or simply grab some of the delicious snacks that were displayed. I was so excited by Jeff's vision for the store but also to be welcomed by such a loving community of people in Paonia. Sigh.
I got a personalized tour of the orchard:

And then I headed over to Fresh and Wylde, the most charming Farm Stay Bed and Breakfast. Long drives always make me a  little sleepy so it was perfect I had some time to rest before dinner. No worries they put me in poppyseed sunrise room that overlooked their little gardens. So perfect.





Needless to say, I had a wonderful day and it was topped off by a delicious dinner in the town of Paonia with Jeff, his wife Tracey and their son.

The smell of the sweet mountain air and a comfy bed put me right to sleep


This morning I woke up to a sunrise hike, farm fresh breakfast and a tour of the cider mill so that I'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about when I'm telling everyone about Big B's juices in Denver.


All I can say is that I couldn't have asked for a better reset button to push to get my summer off to the right start. The night away gave me a chance get perspective on everything, set my goals and become inspired for the fun summer i have ahead of me. Its amazing what good people, fresh food and clean air will do for the mind. 




No comments:

Post a Comment