Monday, October 3, 2011

Back to the Blogging Basics

Can I just say how impressed I am by all that Seattle has to offer in terms of farmers markets, adorable restaurants and cozy coffee shops? This weekend I explored Ballard and literally was rendered speechless by the realm of possibilities for exploring. I perused the farmers market for about an hour which was hardly enough time to really get a good idea of what each stand had to offer....




My two new friends from Bastyr! 

Obviously i bought enough produce for a small army but couldn't resist. When the lettuce is twice the size of my head and the carrots are purple I must have them!!! I returned to my house (after quite the highway detour) and just had to sit on my bed to digest all that I saw and experienced. 

As I laid there thinking about how overwhelmed I could potentially be by everything I am learning in school and experiencing by living here, a brilliant idea came to mind! Instead of posting what I already know, I'm going to post what I am learning each and every day.  I'll be including what a life in Seattle teaches me as well as the highlights of what I'm learning in the classroom. In essence I hope to feed my readers kale instead of iceberg now! Just what I had intended to do in the first place though right?  I'll do my best to incorporate my weekly topics into delicious recipes and sustainable lifestyle modifications just as I was doing before. Let the new era of blogging begin...




No comments:

Post a Comment