Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fabulous Zucchini Fritters


O.k so this week its all about zucchinis. Last week we taste tested the zucchini's cousin summer squash in that soup so I thought it was only fair to zucchini that it get a moment in the spot light as well. I can't tell if it was the farmer's market display or my memory of this great recipe I once saw in a magazine for fritters that inspired this week's creation. Regardless, I think it turned out quite well and I already have plans to make another dinner out of it with a friend tomorrow night. 

Here's my grocery list:
-zucchinis (3)
- eggs (3)
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- garlic
- 1/2 cup scallions
-1/2 cup parsley
-1/2 cup basil

I had a hungry family waiting on me to make dinner tonight so I'm sure glad I picked a quick recipe for this week. It took me a grand total of 30 min start to finish. I will say however that I did make the kitchen look like a zucchini bomb went off. Whoopsie! 

Anyway, here's what to do:
- grate zucchini into a bowl and sprinkle 1/4 t himalayan sea salt into it.
- while that sits, I press 2 cloves of garlic into the 3 eggs and beat it with a whisk.
-then I chop the scallions parsley and basil
-finally, squeeze as much liquid out of the zucchini as you can (handful at a time) and add all the ingredients together into one bowl. Don't forget the bread crumbs and salt!
-heat a pan on the stove with a little olive oil and salt, then lay hand- formed patties onto it and flip once browned! 

Luckily my little sister's garden had a beautiful display of lettuce that I plucked to lay the patties on. I'm not a huge salad dressing lover but I lightly dressed the salad below the warm patties for some extra seasoning sake and all was ready for 
consumption. 

I loved the meal personally, but honestly I was disappointed with myself at how quickly I rushed through the preparation. I look forward to making my Sunday night meals so very much and I need to remind myself to take the time to enjoy the whole essence of the process. When I do, I enjoy the meal so much more. 

Cooking is such an art. If done properly can bring together a tasty combination of colors and flavors representing the nutrients that serve as our bodies elixir of health and wellness. I'm just beginning to learn how to cook creatively in a way that satisfies a variety of palates while supplying health but I'm a beginner at best. My starting point is to always make sure  that all of my ingredients are purely natural and wholly sourced from the Earth. 

In order to resurrect the chaotic cooking experience, I went out for a peaceful ride and came back to a cleaned kitchen compliments of my mom. Have a wonderful week! Cook something yummy and healthy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment